Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I appreciated "Mind Over Mass Media" by Steven Pinker view on the media because it tells people cannot take their eyes and hands off the internet, but because of this people have expanded their knowledge on a political issue, subject, disability, or research. Assuming the individual get their information from a credible website. In which I agree with the author Steven Pinker, because we are in the Information Age and scholars think we are kids surfing the web with no knowledge. I cannot speak for every young adult but I do speak for myself. All the knowledge I have gotten from the internet has been from reliable websites such as WebMD.com. Even not as scholarly websites such as tumblr, where blogs are strictly facts and statistics are websites you can learn information you couldn't find anywhere else. With knowledge of how the Internet works, an education, and other various information you have obtained you can see if the information is correct or false. If you do not believe this than you can use websites like eHow, your school database, or other scholarly websites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment